- 1 skinless turkey breast, cut into 4 pieces about 4 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Madeira
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream or fat free plain Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
Pound turkey breasts until about 1/4 inch thick. Mix flour, salt, and pepper. Coat turkey with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Heat oil in a large pan. Add turkey pieces. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover to keep warm.
Add onion to the pan. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft. Stir in the Madeira and leave to bubble about 2 minutes. Stir in the mustard, oregano, and stock. Return turkey to the pan and simmer 3-4 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, spoon the turkey and mushrooms onto a serving platter. Stir the sour cream into the sauce and warm through. Salt and pepper more if necessary. Pour sauce over turkey.
Recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving contains: 271 cal, 7g fat, 1.7g saturated fat, 78mg cholesterol, 10g carb, 1.8g fiber, 3.9g sugar, 40g protein.