- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess liquid squeezed out. You can use fresh steamed or sauteed spinach or leftover spinach cooked from another meal.
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped finely
- 1 can artichokes (bpa free can if possible)
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese depending on your preference
Mix spinach, green onions, artichokes, red pepper, dill, and garlic in a glass casserole dish. In a separate bowl, beat/mix eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan, salt, pepper and pour on top of veggies. Sprinkle feta or goat cheese on top. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until done throughout. You can substitute more egg whites for the whole eggs if you would like, but remember that whole eggs are amazing for you!
This recipe makes approximately 10 servings. Each serving contains approximately 103 calories, 3 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, and 3.6 g protein.