- 3/4 lb lean ground beef (grass fed organic if possible)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon liquid Barbecue Smoke®
- 1½ tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¾ teaspoon fresh grated ginger (also found in a tube in the refrigerated salad section of the grocery store)
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bag coleslaw (shredded cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons sliced uncooked nitrite free bacon
Mix liquid smoke, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, fresh ginger, curry powder, and red pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
Cook onion, garlic, bacon, and ground beef in a large skillet. Cook until meat is almost browned. Add mixture from bowl and mix thoroughly with meat/onion mixture. Add cabbage. Stir until incorporated and allow cabbage to cook for a few minutes. Cooking time will depend on your preference of crunchiness for the cabbage.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains 158 calories, 7.8 grams of fat, 2.8 grams saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 4.7 carbs, 1.3 grams of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, and 17 grams of protein.