- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil or grass fed butter
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 medium shredded zucchini (grate in your food processor)
- 2 medium parsnips (or 4-5 large carrots), shredded (grate in your food processor)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Shredded cheese (optional) for topping
Heat oil in pan. Add onion and garlic until tender. Add parsnips and zucchini and cook until almost done. Add ground beef, chili powder, and salt. Cook until ground beef is done and moisture is cooked out. You want it to be dry before putting it in the oven.
Remove from heat and put ground beef/veggie mixture in the bottom of a small casserole dish or pie pan. Top with mashed cauliflower and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. You can top with a sprinkle of cheddar before baking if desired.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains 242 calories, 11g fat, 69mg cholesterol, 12g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g sugar, and 22.9g protein.