- 1 lb. lean pork (loin, tenderloin, or lean chops), sliced into 4 oz. sections
- 3/4 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray or a light spritz of olive oil
- 8 oz package mushrooms(or larger if you want to increase the volume of your meal)
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Spray pan with cooking spray or lightly spritz with olive oil. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook pork until almost done. Remove pork from the pan and tent with foil to keep it hot while you cook the sauce. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook about 4 minutes. Add garlic and stir another minute. Stir in vinegar and bring to a boil and scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook about 1 minute, then add chicken broth and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil until liquid is reduced for about 1/2 to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 1 minute. Add sour cream and mustard and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add pork back to the pan to immerse it in the sauce. Serve with sauce and mushrooms on top.
Serves 4. Each serving contains 206 calories, 6.2 grams fat, 2.4 grams saturated fat, 86.7 mg cholesterol, 266.6 mg sodium, 3.1 grams carb, .6 grams fiber, 1.4 grams sugar, 33.1 grams protein.