- 1.5 slices low fat bacon, cut into tiny pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup small, fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) fish fillets (any white fish will work)
Heat bacon in a medium skillet over low heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until bacon begins to brown. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from heat, and stir in basil leaves.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add fillets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Top fish with tomato mixture.
Adapted from Cooking Light