- 3 peppers, any color of your choice, variety is best, chopped into bite sized or smaller pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped into bite sized or smaller pieces
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle garlic powder
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup organic Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 package organic or at least msg free taco or fajita seasoning (or you can make your own)
- sprinkle of organic cheddar for serving
Toss vegetables with olive oil and garlic powder and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. In a separate bowl, mix taco seasoning with plain Greek yogurt and mix until well coated. Toss chicken in Greek yogurt sauce. Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables (spread out) and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes or until veggies are well roasted. Make sure to use chicken thighs as breasts could dry out. If you choose to use breasts, roast the veggies for a while before adding the chicken.
Serve as a bowl on top of “riced” cauliflower, black beans, or spaghetti squash. Top with a small sprinkle of cheddar if desired.
This recipe makes approximately 6 recipes. Each recipe contains about 291 calories, 11 g fat, 150 mg cholesterol, 11 g carbs, 2.3 g fiber, 5.9 g sugar, and 33.5 g protein.