- 3 large chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (organic whenever possible)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 large red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 5 medium carrots, (or about 3/4 cup), cut into strips
- 1 leek, sliced into thin strips (using only the thick, white part). If you don’t have a leek, you can use an onion, but I thought the leek added interesting flavor and great texture.
salt and pepper
- Small drizzle of olive oil, coconut oil, or grass fed butter to cook the chicken
Mix glaze ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Heat oil or butter in a pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook until almost done. Remoe chicken from pan and put on a plate and cover. Add all veggies to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 5-8 minutes or until almost done (cooking time will vary based on how “done” you like your vegetables). Add chicken back to pan and drizzle chicken and veggies with sauce. Cook another few minutes until chicken and veggies are done. This dish is super simple and amazing!
This recipe makes about 5 servings. Each serving contains approximately 198 calories, 3.4 grams of fat, .9 g saturated fat, 76 mg cholesterol, 9 g carbs, 1.2 g fiber, 7.2 g sugar, and 29 g protein.