- 1 lb ground pork sausage (Nitrite free….you can choose flavor)
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning, always msg free. I used 2 different ones from my pantry…..McCormick makes a good one
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
Mix all ingredients together and form into balls.
- 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 1/2 (15 oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp paprika (I used smoked)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (more if you like it spicy)
Roll meatballs in sauce and place on a cookie sheet (I put them on unbleached parchment paper). Cook at 375 about 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked throughout (depends on the size of your meatballs).
Recipe Makes approximately 20 meatballs (depending on size). Each meatball contains 79 calories, 5g fat, 28 mg cholesterol, 3.2 carbs, 2.2g sugar, and 8.2g protein.