- 2 cups vegetable broth or homemade bone broth (chicken broth)
- 4 cups mushroom broth, organic or homemade vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced.
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced.
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cans of Great Northern Beans, drained. Look for BPA free can.
- 1 can of Kidney Beans, drained. Look for BPA free can.
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil, roughly chopped.
- 1 package of “all natural” Italian Chicken sausage links, cut into wheels or smaller bite sized pieces (pre cooked is easiest).
Add broth, onions, seasoning and garlic to large stock pot. Bring to boil.
Add all of the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Add sausage the last 5-8 minutes to heat throughout. Add the basil last and simmer 5 more minutes.
Recipe makes approximately 8 large servings. Each serving contains approximately 190 calories, 4 grams of fat, 32 mg cholesterol, 25 g carbs, 6.2 grams of fiber, 2.5 grams of sugar, and 16 grams of protein.