- 1 sweet onion, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups cubed zucchini
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- fresh cracked pepper (just a few turns of a pepper mill)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or a whole teaspoon for more kick)
Saute’ onion and garlic in olive oil about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add zucchini, tomato paste, cracked pepper, sugar, and salt. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until zucchini are soft. Add white wine, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes and cook another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper additionally to taste.
Recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving contains 91 calories, 4 grams fat, .6 grams saturated fat, o mg cholesterol, 12.3 g carbs, 2.5 grams fiber, 10.3 grams sugar, 2.3 grams protein.