- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- 5 eggs (or a mix of whole eggs and egg whites to decrease fat and calories)
- 1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 grape tomatoes sliced in wheels
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives
- salt/pepper to taste
Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, sour cream and cheese until smooth. Salt and pepper.
In a glass pie dish add spinach first, then peppers and finally pour egg mixture on top. Decorate with tomatoes and chives.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains 146 calories, 9.4 grams of fat, 4.4 grams saturated fat, 193 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 4 grams of carb, .4 grams of fiber, 2.2 grams of sugar, and 11.4 grams of protein.