- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 jar (8.5 oz. jar) sundried tomatoes, drained and blotted to remove excess oil (use water packed if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic, oregano, and onion together in crock pot. Top with chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Shred chicken with a fork to mix thigh and breast meat together. The thigh meat adds moisture. I do this in the crock pot to minimize mess. You can serve this in a big bowl like a stew or over a small portion of rice. You can make this with less chicken for a more veggie-based dish.
Makes 5 servings. Each serving contains 185 calories, 6.9 grams of fat, 1.8 grams of saturated fat, 48.7 grams of cholesterol, 432 grams of sodium, 14.5 grams of carb, 2.7 grams of fiber, 2.7 grams of sugar, and 18.7 grams of protein.