- 1-1.5 lbs organic chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tbs grass fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 whole sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (homemade or organic/msg free from store)
- 2-4 tbs lime juice (depending on how much lime flavor you like)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder. I like a little more for the kick, but maybe start with 1/2 and add more if you want the spice
- 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 can organic coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- salt and pepper for chicken before cooking and entire dish when you are finished
(optional) wait to see thickness of sauce and add if you would like it thicker.
Cut cauliflower into florets and put in the oven to roast until done. Leave to roast while cooking chicken.
Melt butter/coconut oil in pan and cook chicken until about 3/4 done. Transfer to a plate and cover. Put onion in pan and cook until fully cooked. Add chicken broth, lime juice, chili powder, coconut milk, and chicken to pan and cook about 5 minutes. Add roasted cauliflower and cook about 5 more minutes so cauliflower can soak up the flavor of the sauce. If sauce is not thick enough, add 1-2 teaspoons organic cornstarch. Salt and pepper to taste. Add extra lime juice if desired.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains 195 calories, 8.5g fat, 5.5g saturated fat, 59 mg cholesterol, 7.8 carbs, 2.4g fiber, 3g sugar, and 22.5g protein.