- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 cup Trop 50 orange juice (I use Trop 50 because it is lower sugar than regular orange juice).
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
In a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, sauté garlic and shallot until tender. Add orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the honey, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
In a large ovenproof skillet, brown salmon in oil on both sides. Brush with sauce, reserving some that has not been contaminated by the brush that has touched the fish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Pour remaining sauce over fish.
Adapted from Taste of Home