- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound low fat kielbasa or chicken sausage (thinly sliced in wheels) Make sure it is nitrite/nitrate free.
- 3/4 pound large mushrooms, quartered
- 2 12-ounce containers grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and sausages to skillet. Sauté until brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken and sausages to bowl. Add mushrooms to skillet. Sauté until brown, about 4 minutes; add to same bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add tomatoes, red wine, garlic, and rosemary. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Using potato masher, lightly crush half of tomatoes. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Add remaining contents of bowl and basil and simmer uncovered until chicken and sausages are cooked through, turning often, about 15 minutes longer.
Adapted from Bon Appétite