- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 large carrots, chopped into small wheels
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 c. chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper liberally during cooking
- 2 tbsp. dried chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 c. dried Parsley
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 cup ground raw nitrite free sausage. The type of sausage you choose will flavor the dish, so experiment to find the one you like. I choose sausage from a local farm with a hint of sweetness.
Melt butter in a large pan. Add carrots, onion, and celery and saute’ for about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, sausage, and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes, stirring periodically. Salt and pepper liberally. Add chicken broth, remaining spices and cover for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. If it is not absorbed fully after 5-8 minutes, uncover or a few minutes, stirring continually to make sure all vegetables have a chance to absorb the broth.
Recipe makes about 6 large meal-sized servings. Nutrition information will change if you eliminate the sausage to use this as a side dish. Each meal-sized serving contains approximately 113 calories, 6.6 g fat, 16 mg cholesterol, 11 g carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 4.5 g sugar, and 4.2 g protein.