- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (grass fed is best)
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 eggs (or egg whites if you would like)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, gluten free crumbs, or quinoa flakes. Quinoa flakes do not hold together as well but provide a gluten free option.
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Mix all ingredients except for ground beef together in a bowl, then add ground beef to the mixture. Make into a loaf and place in a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min to an hour or until cooked throughout.
Recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving contains 276 calories, 11.7 grams of fat, 120 mg cholesterol, 15.9 carbs, .4 grams of fiber, 10.6 grams of sugar, and 25.9 grams of protein.