- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, cut into 6 thin wedges
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place salt and egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and pepper; beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold in tomatoes and onions.
Heat olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread egg white mixture evenly in pan; arrange ricotta wedges on top. Drizzle with tomato oil. Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until puffed and golden. Loosen with a spatula; slide onto a platter.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, November 2010