- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1 pound fish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces (any white fish like cod or tilapia is fine)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup egg beaters
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup low fat or fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add fish; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain well. Combine fish, 1/4 cup panko, and next 7 ingredients (garlic); stir in lemon juice. Divide fish mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Dredge patties in remaining 1/4 cup panko, pressing to coat.
Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook each cake until thoroughly cooked.
To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients. Don’t worry. The flavor of the fat free mayonnaise is masked by the mustard. Serve sauce with cakes.
Adapted from Cooking Light