- 1 medium tart apple (like Granny Smith), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Use butter if necessary to brown the chops. Stir in fruit mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on each side or until pork is cooked thoroughly and apples are soft.
Recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving contains 211 calories, 7.4 grams of fat, 3.4 grams of saturated fat, 90.4 mg. cholesterol, 4.6 grams of carb, .2 grams of fiber, 4.4 grams of sugar, and 29.6 grams of protein.
Adapted from Taste of Home