Colon health and gut function are topics that like like to regularly cover at heart in motion. Caring for the gut is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves and their long term health and immune function. Probiotics, digestive enzymes, and collagen are three of the best daily practices that anyone can do to be proactive about their gut health. But, when gut health becomes colon cancer, there are natural alternatives as well to be proactive about healing. Essential oils are an amazing natural regimen that has been shown quite effective in both preventing and treating colon cancer. If you have a family history of this, you might want to consider a daily or weekly regimen of oral essential oils. Remember that ingesting essential oils makes them very potent inside of your body, so choosing pure oils is important. Doterra and Young Living are verified brands that have been shown to be safe and effective for oral ingestion. Using gelatin capsules is the best way to get the oils into your body. Here are the top 5 most effective essential oils for colon cancer prevention and treatment and the reasons why.
– Oregano oil is popular because of its antibacterial and antimicrobial, antifungal, and anviral properties. These effects are thought to be because of the phenylpropanoids in the oils. Oregano oils is good for colon cancer because the phenylpropanoids help to keep cell receptors clean which can help with DNA and cellular repair and has been shown promising in animal studies in other types of cancers as well.
– Peppermint oil has far reaching uses in aromatherapy as well as use for halting hot flashes. It is also fantastic for treating the feeling of acid reflux immediately as well as using topically on the stomach or on the tongue for nausea. Peppermint oil is in the early stages for its connection to colon cancer treatment, but the connections are promising. Peppermint is in a class of oils called monoterpenes which have been shown to change the information within DNA including cells that are damaged that are the onset of cancer.
– Myrrh is in a class of oils called sesquiterpines which help to boost oxygen levels in tissues. Because cancer does not thrive in well oxygenated environments, the components of this oil have promising uses for many types of cancer, including colon cancer.
– Patchouli is in the same sesquiterpine class as myrrh and have similar benefits.
– Frankincense oil has far reaching benefits as a gold standard oil for just about everything from skin healing to cancer treatment. Frankincense contains boswellic acid has actually been found to aid in tumor destruction which makes it the most commonly known oil for colon (as well as other) cancers. This oil is also known for reducing both inflammation and anxiety. Inflammation has been found at the heart of diseases from arthritis to heart disease to cancer, so decreasing inflammation can help to slow the progression os a myriad of disorders.
STEP(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
- Always consult your physician before starting any new regimen, but consider using these oils if you are battling of have a family history of cancer or colon cancer specifically. Essential oils are amazing for disease prevention and treatment!