- 1 cup shredded zucchini (I use a food processor).
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (Feta can be used as well).
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
In a colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, onions, egg, parsley, dill, garlic and cheese.
Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed.
Adapted from Taste of Home, August/September 2010