- 4 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 T Butter or olive oil
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (low fat)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) low fat or fat free sour cream or fat free greek yogurt
- Seasoned Croutons (if you want)
Boil zucchini just until tender; drain. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add carrots and onion and sauté until tender.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream (or Greek Yogurt) and soup (right out of the can). Stir in the drained zucchini and mix. Pour into buttered 3 quart baking dish.
Top evenly with croutons (if youre using them), cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.
My 4 cups of zucchini were generous (on the heaping side) and it works fine.
I do not use croutons and love it that way. Some people put a light dusting of breadcrumbs on top instead.