- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth (bpa free can or make your own)
- 1 can chopped green chilies (or 1/2 of a chopped green pepper)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cans great northern beans (divided)(bpa free can)
- Shredded Pepper Jack cheese (for topping)
Combine ingredients through the oregano in a crockpot and add one of the cans of beans. Cook on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes before serving puree one can of beans and add to crockpot (to thicken the soup) and add the remaining can of beans. Cook the remaining 30 minutes and serve with Shredded cheese.
Recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains 279 calories, 2.1 grams of fat, 32 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 40 g carbs, 9.2 grams fiber, 1.8 grams sugar, and 26 g protein.