- 1/2 spaghetti squash, pre cooked and forked out in a bowl (great use for leftover squash)
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups diced zucchini (small pieces)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 nitrite free sausage links (Flavor of the dish depends on the flavor of the sausage you choose. We used a kielbasa from a local farm) (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Olive oil (drizzle)
- Parmesan (to sprinkle on top after cooking)
Drizzle olive oil in a pan. Saute onion for about 5 minutes or until it starts to become translucent. If sausage is not pre-cooked, add sausage and cook until almost done. If not, toss in sausage at the end to warm. Add all other veggies and seasonings (tomatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning) except Parmesan. Cook until zucchini and tomatoes are cooked to your desired level of doneness. Toss in spaghetti squash to heat throughout (and sausage if it is pre cooked). Serve topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Recipe makes approximately 4 servings. Each serving contains 165 calories, 5 grams of fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 22 grams carb, 3.8 grams fiber, 7.8 grams sugar, and 11 grams protein. Nutrition content will change based on the sausage you choose. The sausage we used was 140 calories per sausage and 2 in the recipe.