- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweet white miso
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
Place squash in large, deep skillet.
Whisk together broth, coconut milk, miso, ginger, and garlic in bowl. Pour over squash, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and braise 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash has softened and liquid has become thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
Recipe from Vegetarian Times, October 2011