- 2 pounds fresh or frozen green beans
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (don’t worry about the sugar as most of the sauce will end up in the bottom of the bowl)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine or raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 slices chopped cooked bacon (optional for sprinkling)
Roast or steam green beans until done. Blend syrup, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and water in blender or food processor. Make extra sauce to leave in fridge to use for leftover green beans in the future. Sauce keeps well!
Recipe makes 6 large servings. Each serving contains 78 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 0.4 grams of saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 14 grams of carb, 2 grams of fiber, 10 grams of sugar, and 1 gram of protein.