- 6 cups coarsely grated peeled carrots (use a food processor)
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger (You can use the refrigerated tube if you would like).
- 3/4 cup egg beaters
Place carrots in large bowl; press with paper towels to absorb any moisture. In another large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper to blend. Mix in carrots and ginger, then eggs.
Heat griddle sprayed with cooking spray. Drop 1-2 tablespoon sized piles onto griddle. Cook at medium to low heat until browned on one side. Flip and repeat on the other side. These take a while to cook in the center, so you can leave them on the griddle while you make the rest of your dinner. These can also be pan fried in a little olive oil for faster cooking time.
Adapted from Epicurious.com