- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup (or less) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
Bake sliced eggplant about 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn on the broiler. Broil eggplant about 3-4 minutes until the top begins to soften and slightly brown. Turn slices over. Spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your eggplant slices. Cook until done throughout.