- 24 oz bag brussel sprouts (1/2 recipe if you are using a small bag……we just like leftovers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic (I used raspberry)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- dried cranberries (just a few for sprinkling)
- slivered almonds or chopped walnuts (about 1 teaspoon per serving)
- blue cheese (about 1 tablespoon per serving)
Cut brussel sprouts in half and cut off ends. Mix sauce together well and toss about 1/2 of the sauce with brussel sprouts. Put brussel sprouts (covered in sauce) on a baking sheet and bake covered at 350 for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes. Toss with remaining sauce and sprinkle with blue cheese and a few dried cranberries and almonds to serve. I don’t use all of the sauce, so just add to taste. Salt and pepper to taste as well.
Recipe makes approximately 8 servings. Each serving contains approximately 99 calories, 4.7g fat, .8 mg cholesterol, 12.9g carbs, 4.4 g fiber, 4.8 g sugar, and 4.2g protein.