- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork or blended for a smoother consistency
- 3 eggs, whisked (you can use egg whites if you choose to decrease the calorie count, but this recipe was made with whole eggs)
- ½ cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
Mash bananas well. Mix in all other ingredients, folding nuts and chips in last if you choose to use them. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until springy in the middle.
Recipe makes about 18 muffins. Each muffin (with chips, whole eggs, and nuts) contains 85 calories, 4.8 grams of fat, 1.2 grams saturated fat, 31 mg cholesterol, 9.4 grams of carb, 1.4 grams of fiber, 5.4 grams of sugar, 2.3 grams of protein.