- 1 large head cauliflower or 1.5 small heads, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any oil that you prefer for roasting)
- 3/4 cup pureed cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (and a little extra for sprinkling on top)
Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower in a 9×13 casserole dish and roast at 400 about 25 minutes or until completely roasted and a little brown on top. While cauliflower is roasting, puree cottage cheese, then mix with the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan on very low until cheddar is slightly melted. This should take 5 minutes or less. When cauliflower is removed from oven, pour cheese sauce on top of cauliflower and mix until well coated. Sprinkle a little bit (about 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar) on top and broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned on top.
This recipe makes approximately 8 servings. Each serving contains approximately 102 calories, 5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 5 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, and 8.5 g protein.