- 1 cup carrots, grated (measure before grating)
- 1 coarsely grated large apple
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used homemade raw almond butter, but use your whatever is your preference)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Use a melon baller or small spoon to place on baking sheet in little “haystacks.” Make sure to push them together so they don’t fall apart when cooking Bake at 350 until done. Depending on the size of your cookies, cook 12-16 minutes. They should be slightly brown on the bottom and chewy in the middle.
Recipe makes about 50 “bites” Each contains about 17 calories, .8 grams of fat, .1 grams saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 7.4 mg sodium, 2.3 grams of carb, .3 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar, and .4 grams of protein.