Q:I need breakfast I can eat in the car. I really have no time to make ANYTHING in the morning. Can you give me some ideas?
Here are some great in the car breakfast ideas.
- Frozen Nutty Banana: Peel and cut 1 firm banana in half. Lay on a baking sheet or plate. Spread each half with 1-2 teaspoons almond butter. Sprinkle whatever toppings you like on top of the almond butter . Crushed almonds, walnuts, small cereal pieces, or flax seeds work well. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each half, and freeze until solid (at least 2-3 hours).
- Mini Kind Bar with a piece of fruit
- Classic Cooking, Light & Luscious Quiches These pre-cooked quiches are great to heat and eat on the go and come in a variety of flavors.
- Breakfast trail mix – Make a bunch of your own trail mix variations, by mixing ¾ cup of your favorite high fiber/low sugar cereal (or if you like cereal with sugar, mix ½ cup low sugar and ¼ of the higher sugar), 15 flavored almonds or walnuts of your choice that complement your cereal. This can be savory or sweet. Mix in ½ of a 100 calorie pack of craisins or raisins.
- Egg Muffin Sandwich – You can make these ahead of time and keep them wrapped in your fridge or freezer. Just pour egg beaters into muffin tins with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cheese if you want. Bake until the egg is set. Make sandwiches with English muffins or 100 calorie bagels and Canadian bacon if you want. These keep very well in the freezer tightly wrapped.
- 1 cup low fat milk and piece of Ezekial bread with 1 Tablespoon almond butter. You can get pre-portioned milk containers and have the sandwich made the night before.
- Apple Pie Apples with 100 calorie pack cinnamon sugar almonds. Cut up an apple the night before and put it in a Ziploc bag with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Massage the bag to coat the apples in the cinnamon and leave in fridge overnight. The sugar in the apple will mix with the cinnamon and taste wonderful.
- Veggie Egg Muffins – These are super easy make ahead protein and veggie rich breakfast. This is a great recipe, but you can combine just about any leftover eggs and veggies in muffin tins for an easy make ahead portable breakfast.
- Refrigerator Oatmeal Make the night before or a couple of days ahead. You can eat it with a spoon from the jar while youre driving.
This is pumpkin flavor. Click HERE for a great website with tons of varieties.
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened canned pumpkin)
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add pumpkin and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days. Eat chilled.
Nutritional Info: 216 calories, 4g fat, 48g carbs, 8g fiber, 12g protein
HEART IN MOTION HAS A GREAT GRAB-AND-GO PRODUCTS PAGE. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
Quick, Healthy Breakfast Ideas You Can Make At Home:
- Cottage cheese with fruit and toast. Top with a tablespoon of low carb granola for some added sweetness and crunch!
- GREEK Yogurt with fruit
- Any leftover dinner from the night before that has protein and veggies
- Toasted Ezekial bread with almond butter is AMAZING!
- Try doing your eggs in different ways too, like poached or boiled
- Toast with a melted slice of cheese and an apple
- Apple with almond butter or peanut butter is great
- Try any one of my smoothie recipes (under sweet treats) on the website.
- 100 calorie English muffin with Canadian Bacon and a piece of low fat cheese and piece of fruit
- Use a microwave omelet pan to make 90 second scrambled eggs. Put some leftover veggies and shredded cheese on top for a quick breakfast and put the pan in your dishwasher!
- Make Veggie Egg “Muffins” on the weekend (12 at a time). Microwave 30 seconds and walk out the door.
- If you have to grab a fast food breakfast, look HERE to find the best options.