Your body is most receptive to burning carbs for energy in the early part of the day. Having high carbohydrate treats and snacks in the late afternoon and evening is a recipe for fat storage. A great way to “have your cake and eat it too” is to eat them for breakfast or lunch. Pay attention to the way your body feels after you have a treat (any time you have it). If it causes you to crave more, stop and evaluate if this is a good strategy for you. Make sure you decide ahead of time how much you will have. Put that amount on a plate, and put the serving dish AWAY. After you’ve finished enjoying your treat, BRUSH YOUR TEETH. It can help take the taste out of your mouth that can leave you wanting more.
Pilates DVD now on sale
- I love being able to immediately pull up exactly what I need when I need it. Heart In Motion helps keep me on track.
- I refer to Heart In Motion's recipes all the time for healthy variations. Who'd have ever though a chocolate smoothie with spinach would taste good. This is a great way to get a vegetable in me with a great taste!
- I am a cancer surviver. I had extensive surgery that left me quite weak. I am so grateful for this website as it has given me the challenge to exercise at my own pace.It is also teaching me new ways to eat, foods to avoid, and new foods to add to my diet so as to reduce the chances of my cancer returning. I am making changes in my eating, I am exercising as I have been taught to do through this website. For this I am very grateful!
- I LOVE the fact that I can go immediately to the website and find information I need to help me make the healthiest choices! It is easy and I NEED easy.
- I love that I can count on the heart in motion website for an inspiring shot in the arm, great work outs and awesome recipes anywhere I am and anytime of day or night!